Tuesday 23 January 2018

Don't trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar

" I am going to rebuild everything you destroyed.
I’m going to spit out all the words that I swallowed to make you happy. I’m going to be louder than ever. I don’t care about how you see me anymore — it’s time to stop fighting for your attention or your love.
I’m going to appreciate all the imperfections you pointed out so accurately. I’m going to stop mocking myself the way you mocked me. I’m going to stop settling for people who don’t treat me right because you taught me that this is what I deserve. You taught me that this is the norm.
I’m going to start loving everything you hated about me. I’m going to start living for me without fearing your existence, your opinion, your judgment or your punishment. The biggest punishment for me was respecting and loving you. It brought me more pain than joy. It brought me more troubles than peace. It destroyed me instead of building me up.
I’m going to calm the storm you started within me. I’m going to believe that I deserve to be happy and loved. I’m going to see all the good things you failed to see in me. I’m going to start taking care of my heart instead of allowing you to break it. I’m going to pick up everything you’ve demolished and use it as a foundation to build myself up again. Without you.
I’m going to start over without you. I’m going to repair everything you damaged because without you, anything is possible. Without you, nothing can stop me.

FOLLOW US ON
FACEBOOK
Instagram
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment