At the end of the day, I just want to be proud of the person I have become. I want to be proud of the love I gave — of the way in which I risked my heart despite being hurt. I want to be proud of the effort I showed those I cared about, I want to know with a ruthless certainty that I showed up as much as I could, that I made people feel seen, that I made those around me feel less alone in this chaotic world. I want to be proud of my life — of the way I healed, of the way I made mistakes and learned from them, of the way I felt everything even when it wasn’t convenient or comfortable. I want to be proud of the way I grew, of the way I let go, of the way I pushed myself to be a better person. At the end of the day, I just want to be able to say without hesitation that I lived my life, that I did not just take a back seat to my pain, or to my flaws, or to whatever hardships came my way. I want to be able to say that I am proud of the way I survived. I want to be able to say that I did not take one day for granted. " (via rainbowsalt)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
As a final act of love... I will never reach you out again but I will become everything I told you about I won't chase you I won'...
-
I don't miss you anymore But I miss the way I've loved you, For I've never loved someone like I've loved you. And as far a...
-
A short emotional story about love, loss, and the beauty of letting go. “At the Beginning of the Ending” is a heartfelt anecdote that captur...
-
My Favourite Incomplete Wish I think I've finally found a place for you. Not in my future. Not in my regrets. Not even in the part of my...
-
Come As You Are You don’t have to be perfect around me. Not polished. Not put together. Not pretending you’re stronger than you feel. Come ...
No comments:
Post a Comment